Thursday, December 08, 2005

I am now a statistic, I am now officially unemployed. I now have to 'sign on' every 2 weeks for a 'Job Seekers Allowance', what ever that is.
The whole point of me taking voluntary redundancy was so that I could think about doing something that I would enjoy but I can see that I'm going to be pushed back towards the computer industry so that someone in the JobCentre can gain points. Had enough of the rat-race, and I don't want to work 'til I drop, I am nearly 49 and have no intention of starting a new career.

It's Yule Tide night in Largs which means some of the shops stay open late and the staff wear funny hats and smile a lot. People will buy things that they could have bought during the day but for some reason it's different at night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

Hi Kenny,

Have you thought about going on the 'sick' for a while?. You don't have to sign on and no one hassles you. Besides, it would give you more time to find a job that 'you' wanted to do rather than being pushed into something. When they find out your into computers they will try and force you to attend all sorts of inane interviews.
When I stopped being a chef I signed on for a while. It was murder. They insisted that I went for all sorts of stupid jobs. In the end I got 'sick' of it. In the end (and in my own time) I became a window cleaner!. However, if it had been left up to 'them' they would of stuffed this chef into a bloody café!

Adam

10:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home